Thursday, May 6, 2010

BP3_2010051_GoogleReader

RSS feeds are a great way to stay informed. Much like reading a newspaper, where all the content is right there in front of you, an RSS reader keeps the stuff I'm interested in right in front of me.  For class I've been asked to share five RSS feeds I use and why I chose them.

Here is a screenshot of my Google Reader gadget in iGoogle, and a shot of the feeds I subscribe to (because you can't really tell from the iGoogle gadget shot which ones I like).
  

For the purposes of this exercise, I will tell you about five of these feeds and why I chose them.

  1. Bryan Alexander's Twitter feed. Bryan is the Director of Research at NITLE (pronounced "nightly"), a consortia that my college belongs to. His job is to research all things instructional technology related. He is a prolific tweeter, so he keeps his community of followers up-to-date on what other schools are doing, as well as emerging technology, statistics and more.
  2. Infocult is Bryan's blog. He blogs about the information age in general, including things like culture and policy. 
  3. Techne is NITLE's blog. It keeps me updated on upcoming events and news.
  4. The Educause News blog keeps me abreast of what's happening in higher education and at Educause.edu.
  5. Education Week keeps me abreast of what is happening in the education world in general. 

No comments:

Post a Comment